Whether you’d like to improve your SciComm skills as a scientist, or land your dream clients and make money as a science writer, you can benefit from SciCommer consultancy sessions offered by Sheeva Azma from Fancy Comma, LLC. If you’re interested in SciComm mentoring and/or training, get in touch!
Sheeva is an MIT- and Georgetown-trained neuroscientist turned freelance science writer, communicator, and journalist. She is author of the books How to Get Started in Freelance Science Writing and Amplifying Science Communication through Public Relations. Sheeva has trained SciCommers and scientists at various US and Canadian universities, the ScienceTalk ’22 conference, and elsewhere.
As a leader in the SciComm space, Fancy Comma, LLC supports aspiring and established SciCommers. We work in the SciComm space in various, multifaceted capacities, and share tips for SciCommers on our blog.
Our SciComm mentoring and/or training can help:
- Aspiring and early-career science writers
- Freelance science writers and communicators
- Science copywriters, including health/medical copywriters
- University science departments
In Sheeva’s SciComm mentoring sessions, you will:
- Get answers to your questions about pursuing SciComm, whether as a part-time or full-time freelancer, or to complement science research;
- Help solve problems you are facing as a SciCommer; and
- Gain actionable steps you can take to help you move forward in your SciComm career.
One-on-one mentoring sessions are priced at $200/hour: $100 for a 30-minute session, and $200 for a one-hour session. Sessions must be paid for in advance. Contact Fancy Comma to book a SciComm mentoring session.
In Sheeva’s SciComm training sessions, you will:
- Walk away with tried-and-true science communications techniques;
- Learn about ways to amplify your science communications endeavors through social media; and
- Develop a SciCommer mindset, merging your oral and written communications skills with your science expertise to powerfully and masterfully communicate science to the general public.
Please contact us for SciComm training pricing depending on your budget and the scope of your needs. We are happy to provide discounted pricing for large-scale SciComm training sessions (for example, for a class of graduate students).