How to pitch the Fancy Comma, LLC Blog:
Every once in a while, Fancy Comma, LLC accepts pitched guest posts to be published on our blog. At the present moment, we regretfully cannot pay authors for these articles, nor can we accept all pitched submissions.
To learn more about pitching and how it works, check out this post.
If you are interested in writing an article for our blog, please contact us here with a couple of sentences about your proposed article.
a) The title of your article and a brief overview (What is the main takeaway of your proposed article?);
b) The intended audience for your blog post;
b) Proposed word count (we typically publish pieces somewhere between 800-1500 words); and
c) Anticipated deadline.
There’s no need to go into a lot of detail in your pitch – if we are interested in working with you to publish your piece, we will be in touch within a few days.
What we’re looking for in blog articles:
We’re most interested in the intersections of science, politics, and society; ways to improve Science Communication or #SciComm; and essays and articles that shine a light on new or previously unilluminated perspectives.
We are especially interested in publishing the work of people who are experts in a given field, and have something to add to the discourse on a given topic, but who may not consider themselves to be the best writers. We’re happy to work with you to refine your ideas and make them suitable for publication.
Above all, we’d like to illuminate perspectives that may not make it to top-tier publications for whatever reason — from personal essays, to media critiques, to informative, explanatory articles.
We would also love to showcase the writing and insights of those studying science at undergraduate and graduate levels who may not have the writing experience needed to publish in top-tier publications. We’d love to publish op-eds and guest essays from scientists regarding topics in science communication. We’ve previously blogged about how to write op-eds and guest posts as a scientist here. In fact, it’s a good idea to check out our blog before pitching. Also make sure to read the editorial guidelines below.
All content must adhere to the Fancy Comma, LLC Blog editorial guidelines.
Fancy Comma, LLC Blog Editorial Guidelines:
- Fancy Comma, LLC caters to many different clients from various industries and walks of life. While our blogs frequently discuss politics and policy, we do not endorse specific political candidates or political viewpoints in guest articles.
- All content has to be appropriate for a family-friendly audience, as many of our blog readers are school-age students. We do not publish inappropriate or explicit content.
- Content published on the blog cannot be republished without express permission.
- We publish all types of content formats. We publish informative articles, personal essays, and journalism-style articles.
- All content on the Fancy Comma, LLC blog is subject to editing that stays true to the original content and voice of the blog article. Our style guide is based on AP guidance. We endeavor for our blog articles to flow well, have clarity of ideas and thought, and remain free of errors and typos. If your pitch is accepted, we will work with you to refine your article to prepare it for publication, and you will be able to review the final product before it is posted.
Thank you for your interest in writing for the Fancy Comma, LLC Blog.